Cyber Security Monitoring and Logging Guide
The Guide presents details about how to monitor and log cyber security events, some of which are potential indicators of compromise that can lead to cyber security incidents if not addressed quickly and effectively. It offers practical advice on how to manage logs efficiently, deal with suspicious events, use cyber security intelligence and address challenges. It is designed to enable you to prioritise and manage myriad event logs, build an effective cyber security monitoring process and learn about where and how you can get help.
The Guide provides advice and guidance on how to:
- Identify potential indicators of compromise at an early stage;
- Investigate them effectively; and
- Take appropriate action to reduce the frequency and impact of cyber security incidents.
Its focus is on the overall cyber security monitoring process and is supported by analysis of cyber security-related events and cyber threat intelligence which brings context to the process.
The Guide will provide you with a good understanding of the most important elements of cyber security monitoring and logging, highlight the main challenges and describe ways in which they can be overcome. A seven stage process has been designed to help you do this more effectively. The Cyber Security Monitoring and Logging Guide will help organisations:
- Become more difficult for cyber security adversaries to attack;
- Reduce the frequency and impact of cyber security incidents;
- Meet compliance requirements;
- Identify and respond to cyber security incidents quickly and effectively at an early stage;
- Procure the right monitoring and logging services from the right suppliers.
Please click on the image to download a copy of the Guide.