Benefits of a CREST Certification
CREST examinations are recognised by the professional services industry and buyers as being the best indication of knowledge, skill and competence. They are a high-level aspiration for those taking them and increasingly a mandated requirement for those hiring or buying services. CREST exams are broken down into three levels.
CREST provides a recognised career path right from your entry into the industry through to experienced senior tester level. We work with the largest number of technical information security providers who support and guide the development of our examination and career paths.
Key benefits of becoming CREST certified are:
- A structured and recognised career path
- CREST certifications are recognised by the buying community, Regulators and Governments
- CREST is the gold standard, industry leading certification
- Join a recognised community of security professionals with opportunities to further your career development through networking and information sharing
- Employment opportunities with information security sector
- A training, examination and career path to suit your development and aspirations.
The CREST Practitioner level examinations are the entry level exams into the profession and are aimed at individuals with around 2,500 hours relevant and frequent experience. There are other, lower level qualifications in the industry but represent an introduction to the subject.
The CREST Registered level examinations are the next step and by passing this you are demonstrating your commitment as an information security tester. Typically, candidates wishing to sit a Registered examination should have at least 6,000 hours (three years or more) relevant and frequent experience.
The CREST Certified level examinations are designed to set the benchmark for senior professionals: These are the certifications to which most aspire.
You will find further information on the full portfolio of CREST Certifications here.