Benefits of a CREST Certification
CREST examinations are recognised by the professional services industry and buyers as being the best indication of knowledge, skill and competence. They are a high-level aspiration for those taking them and increasingly a mandated requirement for those hiring or buying services. CREST exams are broken down into three levels.
CREST provides a recognised career path right from your entry into the industry through to experienced senior tester level. We work with the largest number of technical information security providers who support and guide the development of our examination and career paths.
Key benefits of becoming CREST certified are:
- A structured and recognised career path
- CREST certifications are recognised by the buying community
- CREST is the gold standard, industry leading certification
- CREST Certified Tester also confers CHECK Team Leader status (subject to CESG approval)
- Join a recognised community of testers, with opportunities to further your career development through networking and information sharing
- Employment opportunities with leading security consultancies and information security companies
- A training, examination and career path to suit your development and aspirations for promotion.
The CREST Practitioner examinations are the entry level exams and are aimed at individuals with around 2,500 hours relevant and frequent experience. The CREST Registered Tester examinations are the next step and by passing this you are demonstrating your commitment as an information security tester. Typically, candidates wishing to sit a Registered Tester examination should have at least 6,000 hours (three years or more) relevant and frequent experience. The CREST Certified Tester examinations are designed to set the benchmark for senior testers: These are the certifications to which all testers aspire. By gaining the CREST Certified Tester certification you are recognisably at the top of your game as an information security specialist.
You will find further information on the full portfolio of CREST Certifications here.